Welcome to Caffeinated Knitting with Daniela and Allie. You can find Daniela on Ravelry and Instagram as caffeinatedgert and Allie can be found on Ravelry and Instagram as craftieallie. Please join our Ravelry group, Caffeinated Knitting!
Allie returns for her second week as Daniela's new co-host! Today, they discuss finished objects, stash enhancements, works in progress and Hats for Kiddos! There's also some talk about the Oh! Loops Harry Potter KAL (Daniela encourages the Slytherins to get to knittin'!)
- Barley hat for Hats for Kiddos by Tin Can Knits out of I Love This Yarn! in Jazz.
- Zam Hat by Alex Tinsley out of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes leftovers.
Allie also finished spinning a green gradient from Friends and Fiber that she got from a destash. She ended up with ~326 yards of a mostly sport weight two ply.
- Barley hat for Hats for Kiddos by Tin Can Knits out of Cascade Sport.
- Strib hat for Hats for Kiddos by Kelly Williams out of Cascade Sport.
- Flower Fairy in a Tulip by Susan B. Anderson with scraps.
- Rainbow skein from Nicole Mendez on Etsy. Colorway: #93, rainbow self striping.
- Large project bag from Kikiboo Bags on Etsy.
- Rita Skeeta on sport from the Harry Potter Collection from Oh! Loops on Etsy.
- Lavender Brown on sport from the Harry Potter Collection from Oh! Loops on Etsy.
- Peter Pettigrew from the Harry Potter Collection from Oh! Loops on Etsy.
- Tealtember from Unwind Yarn Company in the Journey Sock base.
- Lydia Deetz from The Flying Kettle on Etsy in the Glider base.
- New project bag from Spartickes Dyes.
- Gryffindor Self-Striping from Oh! Loops on Etsy.
- Harry Potter project bag from The Craft Junky on Etsy.
Works in Progress:
- Hermione's Every Day Socks by Erica Lueder in Tempted Hand Painted Bad Grrl in Guerrilla Girl colorway.
- Endless Rainbow by Martina Behm in Northbound Knitting in Sterling and KnittyAndColor in Milky Way.
- Swirl Hat by Mandie Harrington in I Love This Yarn! in Jazz.
- Fish Lips Kiss Heel socks by Sox Therapist in Rico Design Superba Print 4-fadig
- Barley hat by Tin Can Knits in Unwind Yarn Company's journey sock in More Than Words.
- Mitered Square by Katie J. Grady in Lollipop Yarn It's Electric colorway.
- Boredom Buster Bag by Christi Wasson in Universal Yarn Classic Worsted in Drizzle colorway plus handspun.
Hats for Kiddos:
We are hosting a hat KAL for local children ages 0-3 who have special needs. Hats must but knit in yarns that can be washed in a washing machine (acrylic or superwash). Knit any pattern you want and use whatever colors you like! Neutrals are great but we understand the need to knit super girly or super boy hats! Hats must be to us by October 31st. Prizes can be found in the Hats for Kiddos thread in the Ravelry group. Each hat gives you one entry into the contest. Every one is eligible to win one prize.
We want to give a big thank you to all who have knit hats, who are planning to knit hats, who have posted information about our KAL and those who have donated prizes. If you have questions, you can ask them on the Ravelry group and we will get to you as soon as we can! If you would like to make a donation, please email us at: caffeinatedknitting(at)gmail(dot)com.