Welcome to Caffeinated Knitting with Daniela and Allie. You can find Daniela on Ravelry and Instagram as caffeinatedgert and Allie can be found on Ravelry and Instagram as craftieallie. Please join our Ravelry group, Caffeinated Knitting!
In today's episode, we discuss current projects, finished projects, future projects, Hats for Kiddos and other things. Don't forget to come to the Ravelry group and chat with us! Also today, the ladies don shawls: Clinquant and Linen Weave Boomerang. So grab your adult beverage and join us for a silly episode!
- Swirl Hat by Mandie Harrington in I Love This Yarn! in Jazz for Hats for Kiddos.
- Clinquant by Lisa Mutch in NBK Merino/Silk DK in the Metallurgy Colorway.
- Plain hat in Caron Simply Soft Shadows in Mardi Grey for Hats for Kiddos.
- Barley Hat by Tin Can Knits in Caron Simply Soft Shadows in Mardi Grey for Hats for Kiddos.
- Barley hat by Tin Can Knits in Unwind Yarn Company's journey sock in More Than Words.
- Mitered Square by Katie J. Grady in Lollipop Yarn It's Electric colorway.
The ladies inform their viewers about SillyFru of the SassyPants Knitter podcast's current situation. You can read more about that in this thread at the Ravelry Group if you wish to assist SillyFru in her time of need.
Works in Progress:
- Fish Lips Kiss Heel sock in Plymouth Happy Feet in #25.
- Rolled Brim Hat in I Love This Yarn! in Jazz for Hats for Kiddos.
- Heartbreak by Lisa Mutch in Candy Skein's Yummy base (Honey, Cinnamon Bear, Sugar Snap Pea). The girls also give a shoutout to the #fallshawlstyle started by BostonJen of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast.
Allie attempts to show off the first bobbin of her KnittyAndColor superwash merino in MLP colorway.
- Fish Lips Kiss Heel socks by Sox Therapist in Rico Design Superba Print 4-fadig.
- Boredom Buster Bag by Christi Wasson in Universal Yarn Classic Worsted in Drizzle colorway plus
- Quaker Yarn Stretcher by Susan Ashcroft in Handspun.
Daniela won a Christmas themed bag from Absolute Wonder on Etsy from the Just One More Row podcast Christmas in July KAL.
Daniela purchased two braids of fiber from Unwind Yarn Company. The first is on the swirl BFL base in the Summer Storm colorway. The second is on falkland in the Moldy Pumpkin colorway.
Allie proposes a Caffeinated Knitting drinking game: Every time we say "barley" you take a shot/sip of beer/some other alcoholic beverage. Please let us know how you like this new game!
- Easy by Martina Behm (~$4.17 on Ravelry) in yarn from The Color Wheel in the Brave colorway that represents different color awareness ribbons. She also plans to add an orange stripe for Leukemia awareness (yarn: Invictus in the Citrus Sensation colorway) and a blue stripe for addiction awareness.
Hats for Kiddos:
The ladies show off the first batch of hats they've received! Thank you to: blueewe, knitful alitacasey, cameocat.
They also show off more prizes! And mention that there will be a BIG PRIZE for the person who sends in the most hats!
We are hosting a hat KAL for local children ages 0-3 who have special needs. Hats must but knit in yarns that can be washed in a washing machine (acrylic or superwash). Knit any pattern you want and use whatever colors you like! Neutrals are great but we understand the need to knit super girly or super boy hats! Hats must be to us by October 31st. Prizes can be found in the Hats for Kiddos thread in the Ravelry group. Each hat gives you one entry into the contest. Every one is eligible to win one prize.You must be a member of the group to be eligible for prizes.
We want to give a big thank you to all who have knit hats, who are planning to knit hats, who have posted information about our KAL and those who have donated prizes. If you have questions, you can ask them on the Ravelry group and we will get to you as soon as we can! If you would like to make a donation, please email us at: caffeinatedknitting(at)gmail(dot)com.
The girls mention their first KAL of 2015! In January/February, CaffeinatedKnitting will be hosting a Clapotis KAL. So get your yarn and needles ready!! More details will come as we get closer to the KAL.
The girls discuss the book One + One: Wraps, Cowls and Capelets. Daniela purchased the book because their lovely friend, knitwear designer Deborah Frank has a pattern in the book! They show off some of the other patterns and definitely recommend that you purchase the pattern! Check out the book on Ravelry. Deborah is also having a pattern sale!
Viajante Throwdown Update: Daniela has thrown in the towel, frogged the whole thing and is planning to use the yarn for the Clapotis KAL. Allie will continue to knit hers but plans to knit a shorter version.