Welcome to Caffeinated Knitting with Daniela and Allie. You can find Daniela on Ravelry and Instagram as caffeinatedgert and Allie can be found on Ravelry and Instagram as craftieallie. Please join our Ravelry group, Caffeinated Knitting!
In today’s episode, the crazy hat ladies discuss current projects, finished projects, stash enhancement, remind you of the Twist Fiber Studio Giveaway (giveaway opened until October 31st, 2014) and end with a Hat Parade for Hats for Kiddos (hats need to be in our hands by November 1st, 2014 to be entered into the prize giveaway)!
Daniela also mentioned the original Caffeinated Knitting podcast when she spoke solo! Episodes can be found here.
The ladies will be attending Fiber in the Boro on November 1, 2014. Let us know if you’ll be attending!
CarolinaSpinner has started a Kickstarter for her new fiber shop, Twist Fiber Studio. She has donated a braid of fiber for the girls to giveaway! Here is the thread with directions on how to enter the giveaway. If you are not a spinner but would still like to enter the contest, Daniela has offered to spin the fiber and send you the finished yarn!
- Hallowig by Megan Reardon (free pattern on Knitty) in Fiber Charmer Perchance to Dream in colorway Rainbow.
- Leg Warmers by Jane Richmond (free pattern on Ravelry) out of early handspun.
- Patch by Susan Claudino ($5.50 on Ravelry) out of leftovers.
- Hallowig by Megan Reardon (free pattern on Knitty) in Universal Yarn Classic Shades in colorway Grapevine.
Works in Progress:
- Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist ($1.00 on Ravelry) in OnLine Supercocke in colorway 100.
- Inverness by Daniela Richardson ($3.50 on Ravelry) in Louisa Harding Esquel in colorway 006.
- Two Lane Highway Rage Socks by Sarah Stevens ($3.95 on Ravelry) out of the Oh! Loops Gryffindor Stripes for the Oh! Loops Harry Potter October Challenge.
Allie is also working on her first design.
- Gert’s Place to Unwind on BFL from Unwind Yarn Company
- Barb’s blend (rainbow!) that Daniela bought at guild
- MLP on Superwash Merino from Knitty and Color (mentioned, not shown).
- Cascade Heritage in 5631 colorway.
- Cascade Heritage in 5626 colorway.
- OnLine Supersocke Neon-Color Two in 01726 colorway.
- Door prize from Cascade Yarn Tasting at LYS Cascade Alpaca Lana D’oro in 1112 colorway.
- Door prize from Cascade Yarn Tasting at LYS Cascade 220 Sport 9404.
- Two if by Hand on superwash merino in the Exhausted D colorway.
- Foundat Fiber in the Gladstone colorway, mixed Jacob blend.
- Cyborg’s Craft Room on the Assockolate base in the Impromptu Dance Party colorway.
- Cyborgs Craft Room on the Bested base in the Cauldron Bubble colorway.
- Door prize from Cascade Yarn Tasting at LYS – Cascade 220 Superwash in 804 colorway.
- Door prize from Cascade Yarn Tasting at LYS – Cascade Pacific in 51 colorway.
Hats for Kiddos:
There are LOTS of hats that they show off. The ladies are incredibly overwhelmed by the generosity you have all shown. We will wait until our prize drawing episode on November 2nd, 2014 to let you know the total. You will all be shocked!
We are hosting a hat KAL for local children ages 0-3 who have special needs. Hats must but knit in yarns that can be washed in a washing machine (acrylic or superwash). Knit any pattern you want and use whatever colors you like! Neutrals are great but we understand the need to knit super girly or super boy hats! Hats must be to us by October 31st. Prizes can be found in the Hats for Kiddos thread in the Ravelry group. Each hat gives you one entry into the contest. Every one who wins is eligible to win one prize.
We want to give a big thank you to all who have knit hats, who are planning to knit hats, who have posted information about our KAL and those who have donated prizes. If you have questions, you can ask them on the Ravelry group and we will get to you as soon as we can! If you would like to make a donation, please email us at: caffeinatedknitting(at)gmail(dot)com.
(Allie is still looking for the article about knitting during lectures. She will add it to the thread ASAP.)