Welcome to Caffeinated Knitting with Daniela and Allie. You can find Daniela on Ravelry and Instagram as caffeinatedgert and Allie can be found on Ravelry and Instagram as craftieallie. Please join our Ravelry group, Caffeinated Knitting!
In today’s episode, the ladies discuss their current projects, finished objects, spinning, Hats for Kiddos, plus some random talk (including gaming!)
Works in Progress:
- New socks using Studio June Yarn Star Struck in the Christmas Cottage Color way. Project page here.
- Devil’s Snare by Sarah Stevens using Oh!Loops Gold Sock in the Slytherin Prefect color way. Project page here.
- A Hat Fit for a Boyfriend by Stephanie Nicole using Red Heart Super Saver in Grey. Project page here.
- Wild Thing by Susan Claudino out of Handspun Jacob from Fondant Fibre in the Gladstone color way and Plymouth Yarn Neon Now in color way 3. Project page here.
- Foolproof by Louise Zass-Bangham (about $5.63 on Ravelry as of this podcast) out of Oh! Loops 2-Ply High Twist Sock in the Bellatrix colorway and Oh! Loops Quarter Round in the Minister of Magic colorway. Project page here.
- Invisibilty Cloak by Daniela Richardson ($5 on Ravelry as of this podcast) out of Araucania Nuble in the colorway number 15. Project page here.
- Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure (free on Ravelry) out of DesertVistaDyeworks in the Creme de Menthe colorway. Project page here.
- Zigzagular Socks by Susie White (free on Ravelry) out of Unwind Yarn Company Honemoon base in the Ladies Who Lunch colorway. Project page here.
- Another pair of Waiting for Winter Mittens by Susan B. Anderson ($4 on Ravelry as of this podcast) out of Universal yarn Classic Worsted Tapestry in the Riverbed colorway. Project page here.
- Invisibilty Toque by Daniela Richardson ($) out of KnittyAndColor in the Ain’t It Fun colorway. Project page here.
- Waiting for Winter Mittens by Susan B. Anderson ($4 on Ravelry as of this podcast) out of handspun (Abstract Fiber “Peacock” colorway). Project page here.
- Bankhead by Susie Gourlay knit out of Red Heart Super Saver in Grey. Project page here.
- Invisibility Cloak by Daniela Richardson knit out of Oh!Loops SW Merino Worsted in the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets color way. Project page here.
- Inverness Diamonds by Daniela Richardson knit out of Louisa Harding Esquel. Project page here.
- Camp Out Fingerless Mitts by Tante Ehm knit out of handspun Hobbledehoy Gemmy Batts. Project page here. -Gnome is where the heart is by Susan Claudino knit out of handspun Hobbledehoy Gemmy Batts. Project page here.
- Barley by Tin Can Knits (x2) out of handspun Daniela ice dyed in the Seaglass color way. Project page here.
- Socks for Hubby using the Fish Lips Kiss heel by Sox Therapist. Yarn is ONline Supersocke 100 in color way 01717. Project page here.
- Christmas Tree by Baiba Dzelme 9x2) out of Oh!Loops SW Merino Worsted in the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets color way. Project page here.
Finished: Fondant Fibre Random Rolags that came out Sport/DK weight. Daniela Navajo plied and got about 130 yards of a stripey yarn. Fondant Fiber’s shop can be found here.
Finished: Battlings from Hobbledehoy that came out mostly Worsted weight. Daniela used two sets and plied them together. Set one was A Stare of Owls and the second set was A Watch of Nightingales. Daniela got about 206 yards of a two ply.
Finished: Corridale fiber by Woolen Mill St Yarns in the Jayne’s Hat color way plied with a pretty yellow batt from Moonlight and Laughter (who is no longer dyeing). Yarn came out Worsted/Aran but Daniela hasn’t checked yardage. This will be come a Gelato Giraffe by Kay Jones.
- KnittyAndColor Handpainted Merino/Sikk in the Rainbow Snowcone (aka Grainbow) colorway.
A braid of Moon Rover fiber in the Study Time colorway.
A skein of DK/light worsted from KnittyAndColor in the Daydreaming colorway.
Two braids of Countess Ablaze 100% Norwegian fiber in the Fake Your Death color way.
One skein of Countess Ablaze The English Gentleman in the Radioactive Raspberry Jam color way.
Breed study set of fiber from Fondant Fibre.
One braid of Kent Romney in the Little Drop of Poison color way from Fondant Fibre.
Daniela was gifted a braid of New Zealand Lamb in the color way True Blue from Deb of Fondant Fibre. There is a lovely owl stitch marker on the fiber. There was also a lovely chocolate FLAKE bar and a Gingerbread Latte mix in the gift. They were yummy! Thankyou again Deb!!
One skein of Moon Holler Banjo Sock yarn in the Blushing Zombie color way.
One skein of Oh!Loops SW Merino worsted yarn in the Three Wise Men color way.
One skein of Oh!Loops SW Sport yarn in the Not my Gumdrop Buttons color way.
Hats for Kiddos:
We had some people not claim their prizes, so we re-drew! We earburned winners on Ravelry to get the prizes out ASAP.