Welcome to Caffeinated Knitting with Daniela and Allie. You can find Daniela on Ravelry and Instagram as caffeinatedgert and Allie can be found on Ravelry and Instagram as craftieallie. Please join our Ravelry group, Caffeinated Knitting!
In today’s episode, the ladies discuss finished objects, works in progress, spinning, stash enhancement and gifts! The girls also give away some rolags, discuss the current KAL (knit a Clapotis during January 1st and February 28th) and Allie mentions her #caffeinated12in15 project. Thank you for joining them again after their month off!
- Wrung by Deborah Frank out of green Cascade 220. Project page here.
- Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure (free on Ravelry) out of DesertVistaDyeworks in the Creme de Menthe colorway. Project page here.
- Waiting for Winter Mittens by Susan B. Anderson ($4 on Ravelry as of this podcast) out of Universal yarn Classic Worsted Tapestry in the Riverbed colorway. Project page here.
- Waiting for Winter Mittens by Susan B. Anderson out of Malabrigo.
- Magnetite Cowl by Lisa Mutch ($4 on Ravelry as of this podcast) out of NBK MCN DK in the Midnight colorway. Project page here.
- Vanilla hat out of Knit Picks Chroma in the Fossil colorway.
- Wild Thing by Susan Claudino. Knit out of handspun Jacob from Fondant Fibre and Plymouth Neon Now. Project page here.
- Devil’s Snare by Sarah Stevens knit out of the Slytherin Prefect color way on the Gold Sock base by Oh!Loops. Project page here.
- Bulkyrama by Daniela Richardson knit out of Merino Bulky from Oh!Loops in the Restricted Section color way. Project page here.
- There were several more, but they have been given as gifts and are no longer on hand. You can check out other projects mentioned here.
- Heritage Prints by Cascade Yarns in Iris. Purchased at The Yarn Patch in Crossville along with some Addi Sock Rockets. Love the needles! The shop is lovely. Always super friendly and they have a lovely variety of yarn!
- Fuzzlings and Random Rolags from Fondant Fibre.
- Patons Kroy Sock Yarn color 1404.
- Into the Whirled Quijarro Sock in the Winds of Change color way. This was the club color for November 2014 which Daniela was lucky enough to catch on de stash.
- Unwind Yarn Company Voyage Aran in the Easy Like Sunday Morning color way.
- Unwind Yarn Company Luxe Sock in the Save the Tatas color way.
- Two braids of Unwind Yarn Company Merino/Tussah Silk braid in the Evergreen color way.
- Malabrigo Chunky in the Vermillion color way.
- Malabrigo Rasita in the Glitter color way.
- Malabrigo worsted in the Orchid color way.
- BFL/Silk fiber from Rock and String Creations.
- Two skeins of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Select Semi-Solids in the Cornflower color way.
- One skein of Moonlight and Laughter in the Halcyone color way. Daniela got this one on de stash as Moonlight and Laughter is no longer dyeing.
- Oh!Loops Quarter Round in Dumbledore’s Army.
- Moon Holler Banjo Sock in the Daniela color way.
- Outlander themed notions pouch by the Sampler Girl.
Allie showed off handmade Christmas gifts as well as:
- Two skeins of Knit Picks Hawthorne Fingering in the Nob Hill colorway
- One skein of Unwind Yarn Company Journey Sock in the 8 Maids-a-Milking colorway
- One skeins of Oh Loops Platinum Sock in the Robin Williams and Nathan Lane colorway
On the needles:
- Vanilla socks with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel for the #caffeinated12in15 KAL out of Rain’s Obsessive Stitchery on her Fred base in the Munchkinland colorway. Project page can be found here
- Another pair of vanilla socks out of the Sesame colorway from Must Stash Yarns. Project page here.
- Barley out of Handspun from KnittyandColor.
- Vanilla socks using a Fish Lips Kiss heel by Sox Therapist. Yarn is Sesame from Must Stash Yarns. Project page here.
- Vanilla socks using a Fish Lips Kiss heel by Sox Therapist. Yarn is the sock blank by River’s Edge Fiber Arts. This project is being housed in an awesome new bag by Chicken Boots! Project page here.
- Ribbed socks using a Fish Lips Kiss heel by Sox Therapist. Yarn is tough love sock by Sweet Georgia in the Firefly color way. These were cast on Christmas Eve along with Dani from the Little Bobbins Knits podcast and are now Daniela’s oldest project on the needles! Project page here.
- Clapotis by Kate Gilbert. Daniela is knitting her Clapotis with laceweight yarn from Daizie Knits held doubled. Colors are What… no chips and Tango and both are on Dewey lace. Project page here.
- Mitered square by Katie J. Grady out of Wollmeise Twin in the No Whales in Colorado color way. Project page here.
- Daniela finished spinning a three ply yarn. The first strand is Quick Sizzle from KnittyandColor, the second strand is Dark Horse by KnittyandColor and the third strand is Lilacs by Miss Babs. Daniela had leftover of Dark Horse and Lilacs and so plied those for a 2 ply yarn.
- Daniela spun a Kaleidoscope Batt from Unwind Yarn company. She was able to get 176 yards from 2.5oz.
- Daniela had a little dye experiment after receiving Rose Hip and Hibiscus Tea and being intrigued by the color. She also used some Ginger tea for a soft yellow and Chai for a warm beigy brown. The yarn is a lovely pale pink with brown, beige and golden tinges. There are even some bright spots of pink because Daniela hadn’t cleaned her dye pot out well enough the last time!
Allie finished spinning her KnittyAndColor “Grainbow” - handpainted merino/silk in the rainbow snowcone colorway. 240 yards pre-soak two ply.